Inter-agency Journal Transfer

On this page:

Inter-agency journal transfers are used for making payments to, and receiving payments from, other SUNY schools and New York State agencies.

Departments must verify that the NYS agency they are working with can accept inter-agency journals.

Process to Request a Transfer

All inter-agency journals must be sent to Financial Management for proper coding and coordinated processing with the other agency. To complete the process, you will need:

  • Name of the school or agency the transaction is with
  • UB contact person
  • Contact person at the other agency
  • Amount of journal
  • State account number to be used (IFR or State Operating Account)
  • Description or purpose for the journal

After both agencies have finished their processing, the inter-agency journal is sent to SUNY System Administration for completion.

Before you submit the form. Make sure that the printed name and signature of requester has been completed.

Contact an Expert

Erin Guiffrida.

Erin Guiffrida

IFR, Revenue Accounting and Treasury Management

Financial Management

Phone: 716-645-2601


Related Forms


Web Page Feedback

Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

(We'd like to respond to you.)