Procedures for State Funded Accounts

Use these procedures for common tasks involved with managing your state accounts. 

  • Maintaining State Account Budgets
    By managing your state accounts you can create an accurate picture of your department's resources and enables maximum use of them.
  • Transfer Expenditures for State Funds
    Learn how to transfer different types of expenditures including payroll and other than personal service expenditures, as well as requesting information on unidentifiable charges.
  • Transfer Revenue
    A revenue transfer is the moving of cash that has already posted to another account. Revenue transfers can be processed for Income Fund Reimbursable (IFR) and State University Tuition Reimbursable (SUTRA) accounts.    
  • Using Reserve Accounts
    Learn about the steps necessary to use reserve funds in effectively planning for the future.
  • Deposit Revenue and Cash
    Cash receipts include cash (currency, coin, checks, money orders and credit card receipts) received from all sources, such as participant fees, ticket sales, damage charges, deposits and parking fines.
  • Reimburse Individuals
    Reimbursements with state funds are paid to university employees who have purchased business-related goods with out-of-pocket funds on behalf of their department.
  • Accepting Electronic Payments
    You can accept credit cards at UB from customers, in-person and for services over the web. Learn about the regulations and procedures to ensure secure transactions.
  • Inter-agency Journal Transfer
    Inter-agency journal transfers are used for making payments to, and receiving payments from, other SUNY schools and New York State agencies.
  • Request a Contract Course
    Does your unit have the opportunity to offer instructional activity paid by a third party? If so, then the contractual course process should be considered.

Web Page Feedback

Didn't Find What You Were Looking For?

(We'd like to respond to you.)