Parking Permits

on this page

UB students, faculty, staff and vendors need a parking permit to park in many areas on campus. Our parking permit (also known as a hangtag) hangs from your rear view mirror.

UBITName and password required

Permits for Students

UB students receive a parking permit at no additional cost. A portion of your transportation fee pays for permits.

If you are a teaching assistant (TA) or graduate assistant (GA) you will qualify for a student permit at a cost of $12.50 since your transportation fee is waived through your tuition.

Use the Parking and Transportation E-Business Center to get or manage your permit.

UBITName and password required

Permits for Faculty and Staff

Faculty and staff can apply for a permit for a nominal cost. 

UBITName and password required

Permits For Medical Students

Students have many options when it comes to getting to and parking near the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.

NFTA Bus and Rail Access Pass

Students of the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences will receive a NFTA Bus and Rail access pass that allows for free and unlimited use of all NFTA buses and rail.

Parking is available at the LaSalle Station or on the South Campus in the Main-Bailey Lot.

The NFTA website lists additional Park and Ride locations and bus and rail schedules.

In addition to the free NFTA Bus and Rail pass, the following parking options are available at a discounted rate:

854 Ellicott Street

The parking garage at 854 Ellicott St. is conveniently located within the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.

Parking at this lot is $259.24 per semester.

Michigan-Goodrich (MIGO) Parking Ramp

The Michigan-Goodrich (MIGO) Parking Ramp is located on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.

Parking at this ramp is $339.70 per semester.

Permits for Vendors

You can apply for a vendor permit if you are an outside company, agent or individual that does business with UB. Each person requesting a permit must complete an application. Vendor permits are valid January 1 through December 31 of the year issued.

UBITName and password required

Permits for Contractors

Contractor permits are issued to construction workers that cannot park on the construction sites.

Permits for Recreation Members

Recreation permits are issued to individuals who pay to use athletic facilities on the North and South Campus. Recreation members must first acquire their recreation membership.

Rules For Parking, Vehicular and Pedestrian Traffic and Safety

Persons who drive vehicles on the various campus locations are subject at all times to the motor vehicle laws of the State of New York, the rules and regulations of the State University of New York at Buffalo and to the ordinances of the City of Buffalo and Town of Amherst where applicable.

A complete list of campus rules and regulations consistent with the Vehicle and Traffic Law relating to parking, vehicular and pedestrian traffic and safety, can be found in Part 572.

Rules and Regulations Are Subject to Change

Parking rules and regulations are subject to change for certain campus events, special occasions and emergencies. Restrictions will be posted by the Parking and Transportation Services office and will be strictly enforced.

Contact Us

Customer Service Walk-in Center
North Campus
Monday — Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Proof of Daily Health Check is required for in-person services. Reservations are required during peak service periods. Visit the 1Capen website for available services and reservation updates. 


Administrative Offices
106 Spaulding Quadrangle
North Campus
Tel: 716-645-3943

Have a Question or Comment?