State PCard holders are responsible for the monthly reconciliation of their card statements.
Cardholders are required to use centrally-established UB Box folders to retain all completed certification documents.
Failure to reconcile monthly charges within requested timeframe could result in suspension or termination of card privileges.
1. On or about the 6th of each month, the cardholder receives an email notification from JP Morgan Chase (JPMC). This notification alerts the cardholder that a statement is available.
2. The cardholder must print and review the JPMC statement for accuracy.
3. The cardholder must reconcile each transaction with the Summary Log and the supplier receipts and, or invoices. The cardholder must list the business purpose of each transaction on the Summary Log.
4. Complete this verification within five (5) business days of the email notification from JP Morgan Chase
5. After completing the reconciliation between the Chase Statement and receipts, a certification of the charges must be completed through the SUNY Employees Services Web Portal.
6. An email notification will be sent to all cardholders from the UB program administrator when activity is available for certification.
7. Once the SUNY web portal certification has been completed a copy of the following documents must be placed in the cardholder's UB Box folder:
1. SUNY certification printout
2. Monthly Summary Log
4. Supporting Documetation for each charge.
8. The SUNY portal certification must be completed within 2 weeks of date of the email notification from the program administrator.
Your monthly review should include the following:
Assigned departmental personnel (preferably a supervisor) must complete a monthly review and approval of all cardholder transactions. Unless otherwise specified, this task is assigned to the supervisor listed on the cardholder authorization form. Complete the review and approval one of two ways:
Designated reviewers can be assigned read-only access to JPMC website. In accordance with the Internal Control Responsibilities of state Agencies all transactions must be reviewed and approved for proper expenditure.
If the reviewer does not agree with the monthly statement, the reviewer requests document verification and the reason for any discrepancy from the cardholder.
Supervisors must inform the Program Administrator of any transfer or termination of a cardholder or the transfer or termination of the designated reviewer.
All original documentation must be retained by the department for a minimum period of six (6) years plus the current year.
224 Crofts Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-7013
1. JPMC: 800-316-6056
2. PCard Administrator: 716-645-2604