Application to Use Radiation Equipment

On this page:

To work with radiation generating equipment (x-ray machines) at the University at Buffalo, you must fill out one of two types of applications.

Principal Investigator/Supervisor

If you are a principal investigator of a research project involving x-ray equipment, and/or qualified individuals responsible for supervising radiation generating device use by associate users or students in laboratories, request Principal Investigator/Supervisor authorization.

Associate Investigator

If you are an individual (technician, faculty or staff) working under the supervision of and directly responsible to a Principal Investigator, request Associate Investigator Authorization.

All x-ray machines must be registered with EH&S and must meet New York State Department of Health safety requirements. Specific State regulations are applicable depending on if the machine is used for clinical (patient), veterinary, or research purposes.

Contact an Expert

head shot of Jeffrey Slawson Radiation Safety Officer.

Jeffrey Slawson, CHP

Radiation Safety Officer

Environment, Health & Safety

Phone: 716-829-5823