To initiate a new requisition for radioactive materials, click on Purchase Requisitions (eReq). Use the drop down box and select “All Campus Locations (220 Winspear Service Building, Rm 110). This will ensure that all radioactive material is shipped to Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) per New York State regulations.
- Please be certain that all appropriate sections are filled out.
- Include Nuclide, Chemical Form, and Activity (in µCi or mCi) in the description.
- You may print and retain a copy for your records.
- The eReq system will automatically send the requisition to the Principal Investigator (PI) for approval.
- Once the eReq is complete, it is forwarded to EH&S for approval.
- Once approved, EH&S will forward the eReq to Purchasing to place the order.
Factors that could delay your order:
- Nuclide exceeds limit specified in your authorization.
- Failure to return lab surveys at the beginning of every month.
- Failure to return Inventory Disposal Records (these are used to calculate your inventory limits).
- Experiments have changed and a new/amended protocol is needed for our records (enclose updated protocol with eReq as an attachment).
- Associate Investigators (AI’s) who are not approved to use radioactive materials.