Facilities Use Agreements are for the rental of UB space or facilities with Research Foundation funds for a time period of two years or less.
The following should be considered when determining the appropriateness of commercial use of university space and facilities:
• Potential impact to ongoing UB research or educational programs.
• Potential economic impact if the commercialization effort is successful.
• Potential for the non-UB entity to engage in commercialization of faculty research or use faculty expertise in their research and development plan.
• Potential for competition with local private companies that can provide equivalent space or facilities and services.
• Business plan prepared by the non-UB entity that includes relocation after termination of the Facilities Use Agreement.
• Compensation to the university for the commercial use of space and facilities.
Revenue must be deposited into a general university Research Foundation (RF) account.