A standing order facilitates your order process by:
- Reducing processing costs, because only one eReq is required for each supplier.
- Quickening the ordering process, because you place your order directly with the supplier.
- Providing immediate notification of the availability of your item, if you ordered through an online account.
1. Create an eReq for the specific supplier. Be sure to encumber it with a Not to Exceed dollar amount.
- When ordering items on state contract, there is no dollar limit. Check to see if your supplier is on state contract.
- Orders with a non-contract supplier are limited to $10,000.
- Any outstanding encumbered funds will be liquidated at the end of the fiscal year or when the grant ends.
2. Specify the start and end date of your order.
- State funds date range can be up to one year within the fiscal year, July 1— June 30.
- Research Foundation (RF) funds date range can be up to a one-year period. The end date should be in accordance with your grant-ending date.
- UB Foundation (UBF) funds date range should be for no more than 12 consecutive months.
3. Limit the PO to one account number when possible due to business system limitations.
- If multiple accounts are necessary, indicate the exact dollar amount to charge to each account.
- One PO can have multiple authorized users.