The entire UB community is pulling together to face the COVID-19 pandemic.
UB’s COVID-19 planning committees, including faculty, staff and students, have worked tirelessly and collaboratively on the following campus guidelines, which are designed to protect the health and safety of our community.
This information will serve as a guide to university employees that will help us continue serving our students and the university community in the safest way possible, as a phased return-to-campus plan is implemented.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we expect to modify these protocols as necessary.
Please check this page often to stay up-to-date on the latest COVID-19 protocols for UB employees.
UB's goal is to continue to deliver the best educational and research programs possible while protecting the health and safety of our university community from COVID-19.
UB has implemented several protocols to promote a safe workplace.
One reusable face covering has been provided to all faculty, staff and students at no cost.
Individuals may choose to wear their own face covering if desired, provided it meets the criteria for an appropriate face covering.
Additional disposable masks will be provided to the UB campus community upon request. Please use the form below to request disposable masks.
Here are some simple ways to keep a healthy physical distance between you and others, to reduce your risk of COVID-19 infection.
Enabling safe physical distancing in high-traffic service areas will necessitate some longer wait times. Please allow extra time to travel around campus.
Below are some of the cleaning and disinfecting protocols currently in place at UB.
1. UB custodial staff conduct regular cleaning and disinfection of facilities and more frequent disinfection for high-traffic public areas for frequently touched surfaces.
2. UB custodial staff have been trained in specialized CDC-recommended sanitization and bio-safety procedures.
3. Cleaning products used at UB are certified by the EPA and CDC for the destruction of COVID-19.
4. Handwashing stations (restrooms) with warm water and hand soap, are provided throughout campus, as well as alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
5. Cleaning supplies (limited by availability) will be provided in centrally scheduled classrooms and to UB units to enable faculty, staff and students to wipe down commonly used surfaces (e.g., keyboards, remote controls, desks, copiers).
Everyone at UB is asked to do their part to keep UB COVID-free by cleaning their own, personal work or living spaces.
Here are some tips for preventing the spread of COVID-19 from touching potentially contaminated surfaces. Be mindful of touching commonly touched surfaces or shared items. When possible, touch these surfaces with a barrier such as a paper towel. Commonly touched surfaces can include:
Wash hands frequently and thoroughly (20 seconds) using soap and warm water.
Campus COVID-19 signage will reinforce our highest priority messages:
University Facilities and University Communications collaborated to design and produce instructional and directional signage to guide our community in COVID-safe behaviors.
These vinyl floor and wall signs will be installed by University Facilities in high-traffic locations such as:
University Facilities will be responsible for the production and installation of the signs in public spaces: all building entries, elevators, restrooms, fire exits, and bus stops.
You can learn more about UB’s and New York State’s guidelines and protocols for COVID-19 from these resources: