Student Health Medical Records (PatientLink)

As a student, you can view your immunization records through PatientLink — the online patient portal for UB Health Services.

On this page:

Checking Your COVID Documentation Status

Due to the high volume of medical records requiring staff review;  we are unable to notify every student when uploaded documents have been accepted. 

You can check your submission status via the Patient Portal; visit the "Immunizations" section:

  1. If the date(s) of your COVID vaccine dose(s) appear in your immunization list, then you are compliant with the requirement and you do not need to upload any further documentation. This information was successfully submitted to our office OR uploaded via our interface with NYSIIS.
  2. If your COVID vaccine dates does NOT yet appear in your immunization list, please note the following:
    • Uploaded documents DO NOT immediately update or appear in your immunization record.  
    • All submissions are reviewed by Health Service's staff within 5 - 10 business days. Please allow 5 business days before you begin checking your status. 
    • Submissions with approved proof of COVID vaccine doses are added to your immunization list as soon as they are reviewed.
  3. If your documentation is NOT approved, you will be notified by our office via secure email message.

Campus Residents:

Campus Living is aware of our current processing times. To reduce processing delays, please:

  • DO NOT call our office to request faster processing
  • Upload your documentation only once
  • Campus Living will be notified within 1-2 business days that your records have been accepted

Uploading Your Documentation

  • Make sure your full name, date of birth and UB person number are on your document. 
  • Scan or save your document to your computer files.  
  • Click drop-down arrow below and select “Student Upload: Proof of COVID-19 vaccine or Exemption Request Form”
  • Click “Select File” and browse to locate your document.
    • Important: File must be a PDF or JPG document 
    • Total file size must smaller than 30 MB. 
  • Select your file by double-clicking or clicking “open.”
  • Click Upload.
  • If you’d like to review what you’ve uploaded, click “Review file.”


  • If your upload doesn’t work, be sure your file is the correct format and size. 
  •  Use a laptop or a computer, rather than a mobile device.  
  • If it's still a problem, it may be due to the high website volume. Please try again later.

We strongly recommend that you use PatientLink (not email) for any confidential communication with health care providers at Health Services. Through PatientLink, you can view and print your immunization records and communicate securely with Health Services.

Please note that information shared on PatientLink, including secure message exchanges, will become part of your medical record at Health Services.

Upload your COVID-19 Vaccination Information to PatientLink

7/29/21: Registered UB students can now upload COVID-19 vaccine documentation to their medical record via the secure Patient Link portal! Please wait until you’ve completed the vaccine series before uploading your document. Click the blue button on this page and log in using your UBIT information. If you have trouble logging in, please email us your COVID vaccine documentation.

UBITName and password required

Immunization Records

To get your immunization records, simply log in to PatientLink, then click on “Immunization” then “View History.” If you need a copy of your records, click on the printer icon.

If You Can't Log In to PatientLink

If you you are a former UB student or cannot log in to PatientLink, please complete the Authorization to Release or Obtain Health Records form.

Medical Records

Need a Copy of Your Medical Records?

If you want to release your records to another provider or just need a copy for yourself — please view the Release or Obtain My Medical Records Form.

Need Help?

Health Services

Student Life

University at Buffalo
Michael Hall, 3435 Main Street, South Campus
Buffalo, NY 14214

Phone: (716) 829-3316; Fax: (716) 829-2564