Stay on track with the tasks associated with your start at UB.
This list overviews many of the tasks a new student needs to complete to successfully start at UB. We will email you timely reminders to encourage your progress.
Actions Related to Step 1: Complete the Orientation Data Form
Before You Complete the Orientation Data Form
After You Complete the Orientation Data Form
- Review your Orientation Data Form confirmation email. This email will be sent 10-15 minutes after you submit the form and includes detailed information about instructions, timelines and action steps just for you.
- Take action on Step 2: Submit immunization records. You must meet this requirement before registering for classes.
- Join the New Student Slack Channel. Add yourself to the group chat platform using your buffalo.edu email.
Actions Related to Step 4: Participate in Spring Orientation
Before Spring Orientation
- Access your UB Zoom account. This is a premium account that you’ll need in order to access your Spring Orientation live sessions. Use your UBmail address (@buffalo.edu) to login with SSO. Learn more about using your UB Zoom account.
- Check your UB email on January 10. We'll send you instructions for how to access the Orientation Modules.
- Submit a photo for your UB Card. You must submit a photo by January 25. New students will receive their UB Card during Spring Welcome Day on Sunday, January 30.
- Register for your Parking Permit online (requires UBIT name/password) if you plan to bring a car to campus this spring. UB will mail your parking pass home. Request your parking pass by January 14 to ensure it arrives by mail before the start of classes.
- Understand UB's Health Insurance Requirement and your coverage options. If you submit a waiver of UB's coverage, we recommend completing before January 12 to allow 10 days processing time before the first eBill is due (1/26/2022).
- Complete part 1 of both AlcoholEDU and Sexual Assault Prevention; instructions will be sent to your buffalo.edu email. Learn more about both programs on the Health Promotion website.
- Complete any to-do list items for financial aid located in your HUB Student Center (access through MyUB, requires UBIT name/password).
- Review billing dates on the Student Accounts website. Your first payment may be due before classes start. If you expect a financial aid refund, set up direct deposit to receive these funds faster. Learn more about direct deposit at UB and sign up in your HUB Student Center (access through MyUB, requires UBIT name/password).
During Spring Welcome Day
After Your Spring Orientation