Available Care

Need a doctor or nurse? Our professional health care providers can help you manage your medical care.

On this page:

How Can We Help You?

Student Health Services can help with many non-emergency medical concerns, including proactive care (annual exams, well visits and screenings), as well as care for injuries and illnesses (including chronic illness management). For health care services that are not provided directly by Student Health Services, we can help you find other health care providers who may be able to take care of you.

Care When We're Closed

Call 716-829-3316 and listen to the full phone message on how to reach the after-hours nurse.


Campus: 716-645-2222

Off-Campus: 911

Care Provided by Student Health Services

The following are some of the most common types of care we provide on-site:

Referral Care

We can assist you in finding local care for the following specialties:

Get a Referral to a Specialist

Even if you think you’ll need specialized care, start by talking with one of our health care providers. We can offer advice, make referrals and help you navigate the health care system.


There is no cost to see any of the health care providers at Health Services (however, there may be a charge for immunizations, labwork and other services, depending on your health insurance). For providers outside of Health Services, please check with your health insurance for costs.

Any UB registered student can make an appointment and receive care from Health Services. It doesn’t matter which type of health insurance you have.

Need Help?

University at Buffalo
4350 Maple Rd
Amherst, NY 14226

Phone: (716) 829-3316; Fax: (716) 829-2564