The Customer Service unit provides informational assistance and service to all University at Buffalo (UB) employees and staff for all Human Resources (HR) functions.
Services that are provided by this area include:
- Scan, file, and maintain official personnel files for all State and Research Foundation (RF) employees.
- Verify employment and unemployment for all the university staff within the State and Research Foundation.
- Certify public service loan forgiveness forms.
- Complete no-fault claim forms.
- Provide prior service verification for retirement purposes. Please contact Kristine Kam, Customer Experience Manager, directly.
- Direct all phone calls and walk-ins inquiring about HR information to the appropriate HR Unit and Personnel Associate.
- Schedule conference rooms for various meetings within Townsend Hall.
- Enter name and address changes for various systems (NYBEAS, SUNY Payroll, SIRI data). We do not update Hub.
- Produce and distribute new employee welcome packets.
- Respond to and handle information subpoenas.
- Run College Work Study onboarding appointments to complete new hire paperwork.
- Run Facilities department onboarding.
- Handle all Ubjobs applicant-based questions and application inquiries.