Third Party Billing

As a courtesy, the University at Buffalo may bill a third party sponsor on behalf of the student only when the sponsor requires an invoice for payment. The process of third party billing is initiated with an agreement between the student, sponsoring agency and the university.

A sponsoring agency is described as any entity, public/private, military, educational institution, international agency, embassy, organization that assumes the responsibility for paying all or a portion of the student’s tuition and fees. The university requires that a letter of authorization, written in English, be sent to the Student Accounts prior to the beginning of a covered semester. For information on semester start dates, please view the university’s academic calendar.