The host of a Zoom meeting can turn on live, automated transcription of a meeting.
Meeting attendees will see the transcript right away or they will be prompted that subtitles are available. Viewers can have two choices to view the transcription:
- Show/Hide Subtitles: places the subtitles in a box over the meeting window. This box can be moved around the meeting window.
- View Full Transcript: opens a transcript panel on the right side of the meeting window. This view gives the name of the speaker (as near as Zoom can tell), and it allows anyone on the meeting to save the transcript.
Live transcription is enabled by default in your Zoom profile settings. If you do not see this option in your meetings check the following:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Zoom desktop client. Login to this app before joining your meeting.
- Double check your Zoom profile settings to be sure Enable live transcription service
- Go to the UB Zoom portal
- Settings > In Meeting (Advanced) > Closed Captions
- Turn Closed captioning On
- Check Enable live transcription service to show transcript on the side panel in-meeting
No, the host has to start live transcription for each meeting.
Live transcripts can be saved by anyone in the meeting. There is no way to turn this feature off.