Operating System: All
Applies To: UB faculty, staff and students
Last Updated: August 10, 2023
Embedding videos throughout your course using the Panopto Video Embed tool ensures that students in the course have permission to view them.
In any content module:
Panopto automatically adds the course viewer and creator groups to the share settings of individual videos added this way; students will have permission to view regardless of the folder’s permissions.
When students click this link it will open the Panopto course folder within UB Learns and they will see any videos available in that folder.
To hide the Panopto Content folder from students, click the chevron icon next to Panopto Content and select Hide from Users.
You can add Panopto Content as a custom link in the navbar of your course.
In the content module:
1. Locate the session that you want to share. Hover over the video name to reveal options and click Share.
2. Under Who has access click the Link tab.
3. Click the Copy Link button.
4. Paste the link into an email, website, or wherever you might share a link.
5. Check the access permissions to be sure you are sharing with the correct people or groups. See the Share Panopto Recordings page to learn how to share widely or with a small group.
1. Locate the session that you want to share and click Share.
2. Under Who has access click the Embed tab.
3. Adjust the settings such as width and start time.
4. Click Copy Embed Code.
5. Paste the code into a website or wherever you might embed a video
6. Check the access permissions to be sure you are sharing with the correct people or groups. See Share Panopto Recordings page to learn how to share widely or with a small group.
If you have specialist access to the UBCMS, use an HTML Snippet and paste the embed code into it.