Operating System: Windows and Mac
Applies To: UB faculty and staff
Last Updated: November 27, 2017
1. Click the Edit icon on the session you want to change. This will open up a new tab in your browser for the Panopto editor.
2. To edit your video, use the editing timeline visible in the bottom right-hand section of the screen.
3. Expand the timeline by selecting the left arrow in the bar to show more detail.
4. To begin editing, select the Cut (scissors icon) tool.
5. To edit out the start of the video, click and drag the Edit handle from the left to the right.
6. To edit out the end of the video, click and drag the Edit handle from the right to the left.
7. To cut a section from the middle of video, position the cursor over the point you would like to start the cut.
8. Click and drag the Edit handle to the right or left and then let go at the point you want the cut to finish. This will remove the area highlighted from the video, and add a new handle at each edit point to allow you to finely trim your cut.
9. The red crosses highlight the areas that will not be shown to viewers. Editing in Panopto is non-destructive, so you can add this content back in later if you need to.
10. When you have completed your editing, select Publish button in the top right of the screen.
11. The session will now re-process to
include the changes you have made. While the file is processing, it
is unavailable for viewing.