Ketter Hall Complex is composed of what is considered two separate buildings. Ketter Hall proper and the addition added in October of 2003. It is home to the Civil Engineering Department. It contains one of only eleven earthquake simulators in the world.
The Civil Engineering department was created in 1958. That fall, Robert L. Ketter joined the faculty as the first head of the department. He was later to become dean of the Graduate School, vice president for Facilities Planning, and then, after the University joined the New York State system, president of the State University of New York at Buffalo. Ketter Hall, the Civil Engineering building, would be dedicated to President Ketter in August of 1987. Source: Engineering the Future: From the Ground Up, 1946-96.