Bonner Hall houses the administrative offices of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and has classroom and laboratory space for all Engineering departments. With its diverse group of labs, including those devoted to undergraduate nanoelectronics, materials processing and lasers, Bonner Hall underscores the many facets of engineering at a large research university like UB. It houses administrative offices of the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences--the largest and most comprehensive public school of engineering in New York State.
William R. Bonner (1899-1980) was an English professor at UB from 1922 until his retirement in 1968. He was one of the original faculty members from the Capen era and was known as a fabulous teacher and a vigorous scholar. James H. McNulty Professor of English from 1955 until his retirement, he was involved in all aspects of academic life and was perceived as a "complete university man" who effortlessly conveyed the pleasures of literature to generations of UB students.