You can generate one-time use passcodes using either the Duo Mobile App or the Duo Two-Step Verification Manager. These passcodes can be stored for later use, and used to provide two-step verification when logging into a protected UB service.
If you cannot access your previously enrolled devices for any reason, generating and keeping a list of passcodes can be a lifesaver. You can use passcodes to:
- Log into the Duo Two-Step Manager and enroll a new device to use Duo with
- Continue to log into protected UB services until you have a chance to enroll a new device, or can contact the UBIT Help Center
Remember to keep your list of passcodes somewhere safe, that only you have access to!
- Visit the Duo Two-Step Verification Manager
- Click Generate Passcodes
- Provide your UBITName and password and two-step verification if necessary
- Print or write down your 10 passcodes
Notes about passcodes from the Duo Two-Step Verification Manager:
- Passcodes generated on the Duo Two-Step Manager are one-time use
- Printed passcodes from the Duo Two-Step Manager can be used in any order
- You may generate and print only 10 passcodes at a time; generating another additional 10 passcodes invalidates any previous passcodes that were not used.
- On your device, launch the Duo Mobile App
- Tap University at Buffalo
- A passcode is displayed (write it down for future use)
- If desired, tap the refresh icon to generate another passcode (write it down for future use)
Notes about passcodes from the Duo Mobile app:
- Passcodes generated from the Duo Mobile app must be used in the order they were created. Using them out of order invalidates any previously generated passcodes
- You can generate and write down as many passcodes from the Duo Mobile app as you want
- There is a possibility that if passcodes generated by the Duo Mobile app are used out of order it may take one or two unused passcodes before Duo will authenticate