You can use Duo when traveling internationally, unless you are traveling to a U.S. embargoed country, even without Wi-Fi or cellular service.
The Duo Mobile app on your mobile phone or tablet can create passcodes for you to use offline.
- Launch the Duo Mobile App on your device
- If necessary, tap University at Buffalo
- A six-digit passcode appears. Write it down or keep your mobile phone open
- Log into your Duo-protected device
- Choose Enter a passcode
- Enter the six-digit passcode you generated from the app
You may also use the Duo Two-Step Verification Manager to generate passcodes.
- Log into the Duo Two-Step Verification Manager
- Provide two-step verification as prompted
- Click Generate passcodes link
- Click the Generate passcodes button
- Print out or write down the passcodes for future use