Crosby Hall

  • Crosby Hall.
  • Overview

    Facility
    CROSBY
    Number
    0014
    Function
    Academic
    Gross Square Feet
    77,262
    Construction Cost
    $520,000
    Completed
    June, 1931
    Architect
    E.B. Green & Son
  • Function

    Crosby Hall houses studio and office space for the School of Architecture and Planning. It originally housed the School of Business Administration (School of Management).

  • Namesake

    Crosby Hall was named by the University Council in honor of the contributions of Mr. and Mrs. William H. Crosby and their children to the university's development. William H. Crosby (d. 1944), a bicycle frame manufacturer, served on the UB Council and was active in the YMCA. At a critical point in the university's history, from 1919 to 1921, he served as university treasurer and also served for a number of years as chair of the finance committee. Crosby Hall, completed in 1932, was the first permanent home of the School of Business Administration (now the School of Management).  Crosby and his family gave this building as their gift to the University and now houses the studio spaces for the School of Architecture and Planning.