Submit your allowable personal car mileage expenses for reimbursement.
How to Enter Personal Car Mileage
1. Create a New Expense Report
On the Concur home page, there are two ways to start a new expense report:
- In the top menu bar, click Expense, then click Create New Report.
- In the Quick Task bar click New, then click Start a Report.
2. Complete the Report Header
On the expense report header, complete the required fields in red:
- For Report Type, choose Travel.
- For Start and End Dates, enter the dates you incurred the mileage expense.
- If your report is for mileage from multiple days, enter the first and last dates of travel.
- For more information, refer to the tip sheet Complete the Expense Report Header.
- When finished, click Next.
- In the pop up window Is this is a travel reimbursement?:
- Click Yes if your report meets travel status for per diem, meaning you are engaged in official university business at a distance of more than 35 miles from your designated work station and place of residence.
- On the Travel Allowances for Report window, create a travel itinerary for your trip.
- Click No If your report does not meet travel status for per diem.
3. Enter Personal Car Mileage Expense
- Click New Expense. Search and select Personal Car Mileage.
- Complete the required fields in red:
- Transaction Date — enter the date you incurred the mileage expense.
- If your report is for mileage from multiple days, enter the last date you traveled.
- Report Trip or Purpose — this is prepopulated from the report header.
- Purpose of the Trip — enter the reason for the mileage expense.
- From and To Locations — enter the addresses of your starting and ending locations.
- If your report is for mileage from multiple days, enter the locations on your last day of travel.
- Distance — enter the total distance in miles you traveled.
- If your report is for mileage from multiple days, attach a mileage log to your expense report as supporting documentation.
- Mileage Calculator — use to determine the total distance in miles you traveled for one or two trips (Figure 1).
Deduct Your Commute
When using the mileage calculator, check the box Deduct Commute to exclude it from reimbursement.
- In the Waypoints fields:
- Enter your starting location in field A.
- Enter your ending location in field B.
- If you have additional locations to input, enter in field C.
- Click Calculate Route.
- Check Personal to indicate the mileage is personal and exclude it from the report. You will not receive reimbursement.
- Click Make Round Trip to calculate the mileage for a round trip.
- Check Deduct Commute to exclude your commute from the report. You will not receive reimbursement:
- Enter your Home and Office addresses in the fields.
- Click Deduct Round Trip to deduct the round trip for your commute.
- When finished, click Add Mileage to Expense.
4. Attach Receipts and Supporting Documentation
- Attach receipts as needed.
- Be sure to attach supporting documentation such as a meeting agenda or mileage log.