Submit your allowable personal car mileage expenses for reimbursement.
How to Enter Personal Car Mileage
1. Create a New Expense Report
On the Concur home page, there are two ways to start a new expense report:
- In the top menu bar, click Expense, then click Create New Report.
- In the Quick Task bar click New, then click Start a Report.
2. Complete the Report Header
On the expense report header, complete the required fields with an asterick:
- For Report Type, choose Travel.
- For Start and End Dates, enter the dates you incurred the mileage expense.
- If your report is for mileage from multiple days, enter the first and last dates of travel.
- For Start Time and End Time, enter begin and end times
- For more information, refer to the tip sheet Complete the Expense Report Header.
- Answer the question Is this is a Travel Reimbursement?
- Click Yes if your report meets travel status for per diem, meaning you are engaged in official university business at a distance of more than 35 miles from your designated workstation and place of residence.
- Note - If this is a one-day trip, then use the “Single Day Per Diem” expenditure codes and allowed amounts. You do not need to create a travel itinerary.
- Click No If your report does not meet travel status for per diem.
- When finished, click Create Request.
3. Enter Personal Car Mileage Expense
- Click Add Expense. Search and select Personal Car Mileage.
- Complete the required fields with a red asterisk (Figure 1):
- Transaction Date — enter the date you incurred the mileage expense.
- If your report is for mileage from multiple days, enter the last date you traveled.
- Report Trip or Purpose — this is prepopulated from the report header.
- Purpose of the Trip — enter the reason for the mileage expense.
- Mileage Calculator — use to determine the total distance in miles you traveled for one or two trips (Figure 1).
- Note - When you use the Mileage Calculator, you will enter the From and To locations and it will automatically determine the distance and calculate it for you.
- From and To Locations— enter the addresses of your starting and ending locations.
- If your report is for mileage from multiple days, enter the locations on your last day of travel.
- Distance — enter the total distance in miles you traveled.
- If your report is for mileage from multiple days, attach a mileage log to your expense report as supporting documentation.
Deduct Your Commute
When using the mileage calculator, check the box Deduct Commute to exclude it from reimbursement.
- In the Waypoints fields:
- Enter your starting location in field A.
- Enter your ending location in field B.
- If you have additional locations to input, enter in field C.
- Click Calculate Route.
- Check Personal to indicate the mileage is personal and exclude it from the report. You will not receive reimbursement.
- Click Make Round Trip to calculate the mileage for a round trip.
- Check Deduct Commute to exclude your commute from the report. You will not receive reimbursement:
- Enter your Home and Office addresses in the fields.
- Click Deduct Round Trip to deduct the round trip for your commute.
- When finished, click Add Mileage to Expense.
- When finished with expense click Save Expense.
4. Attach Receipts and Supporting Documentation
- Attach receipts as needed.
- Be sure to attach supporting documentation such as a meeting agenda or mileage log.