Submit your allowable personal car mileage expenses for reimbursement.
On the home page, there are two ways to start a new expense report:
- In the top menu bar, click the drop-down arrow next to Home, click Expense.
- In the Quick Task bar click Start a Report.
For more information, refer to the tip sheet Create a New Expense Report.
On the expense report header, complete the required fields with a red asterisk:
- For Report Type, choose Travel.
- For Start and End Dates, enter the dates you incurred the mileage expense.
- If your report is for mileage from multiple days, enter the first and last dates of travel.
- For Start Time and End Time, enter begin and end times.
- For more information, refer to the tip sheet Complete the Expense Report Header.
- On the bottom of the page, answer the question Is this is a Travel Reimbursement?
- Click Yes if your report meets travel status for per diem, meaning you are engaged in official university business at a distance of more than 35 miles from your designated workstation and place of residence.
- Note: If this is a one-day trip, then use the “Single Day Per Diem” expenditure codes and allowed amounts. You do not need to create a travel itinerary.
- Click No If your report does not meet travel status for per diem.
- When finished, click Create Request.