Set up Single Number Reach (SNR) so that calls to your UB number can be answered on either your UB phone or an associated personal cellphone. Your UB extension will appear in the caller ID when you place calls with either phone.
If you use Cisco Jabber on your mobile device, set up Dual Mode instead.
1. Launch the Self-Care Portal.
2. Enter your UBITName and UBITName password. Click Sign In.
3. From the My Phones menu, navigate to the Additional Phones section. Select Add an additional phone so you can be reached when you are not at your desk.
4. Complete the Additional Phone settings.
5a. Enable Mobile Connect to transfer active calls from your UB phone to your cell phone by pressing More Options
5b. Page to the Mobility Softkey and press it.
6. The Current Mobile status is listed, MobileConnect On or MobileConnect Off.
7. Press the Select softkey to enable MobileConnect or the Exit softkey to not save changes.
NOTE: If MobileConnect is disabled, it is not automatically re-enabled via your SNR schedules in the Self-Care Portal and will remain off until manually re-enabled from the UB phone.
1. When on an active call, press the More softkey.
2. Press the Mobility softkey to display the MobileConnect options.
3. Press the Select softkey to send the call to the cell phone or Exit for the call to remain on your UB phone.
NOTE: If your phone call was completed on your cell phone or you did not press the Resume softkey within 10 seconds, the call is automatically ended.
A schedule can be created to limit when the Single Number Reach service operates to only certain days and times of the week.
1. Select your phone number under Additional Phones. Click the gear icon and choose edit.
2. Check the box for Enable Single Number Reach. Select Create a schedule for this assignment.
3. On the Add a New Schedule page:
4. When complete the schedule will look similar to this example.
We try our best to direct callers to our UB voicemail under most circumstances. If you wait a ring or so and hit Decline on your cell it will still go to your cell voicemail.