Enterprise Application Services (EAS)
Enterprise Application Services (EAS) provides design, implementation and production support services for enterprise applications and for campus data access and business intelligence systems. EAS has offices in Millard Fillmore Academic Center and Red Jacket, located in the Ellicott Complex, on UB’s North Campus.
EAS staff work directly with University campus business and academic offices, software vendors and consultants to provide application and data access services for functional operations and strategic planning and to improve the student experience through the application of information technology.
To accomplish this work, EAS staff:
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Utilize SQL databases including Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL
- Apply contemporary software development techniques such as Agile and test-driven development
- Define quality assurance processes and procedures for our development environments
Custom Developed Software
EAS staff design, develop, implement, maintain and support custom developed software required for UB's business and academic offices.
- MyUB: UB’s portal is the student, faculty and staff gateway to campus business and academic services. Implemented more than 10 years ago, MyUB was recognized as an early implementer of a portal in Higher Education.
- UB’s Mobile Application Development Initiative, which provides students, faculty, and staff with access to many of UB applications through their mobile device using Responsive web design, as well as native Apps for both iOS and Android.
- Workflow application enabling ereq (electronic purchase requisition application) and ePTF (electronic Personnel Transaction Form application).
Support of Vendor Software
EAS staff Integrate, customize, implement, maintain and support vendor software for UB's business and academic offices. EAS also provides consultation and integration services for several Cloud-based applications.
- HUB: Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions implementation providing Student Services to students and faculty.
- UBCMS: Adobe CQ Content Management System implementation for the University’s websites.
- Emergency notification software: Rave Mobile Safety.
- Electronic Document Management: Lexmark’s ImageNow for transitioning to an environmentally friendly paperless environment providing business process improvements and better data security.
- OnCore®: OnCore is a comprehensive clinical research management system that will support investigators and research staff and administrators by giving them an organizational tool to advance the process of clinical research.
- IBM® Maximo: Maximo® Asset Management is the enterprise software that allows UB to manage its physical assets and facilities.
Institutional Data Management
EAS staff design, develop, implement, maintain and support UB's Operational Data Store and Data Warehouse for distributed data access, decision support and reporting on campus.
- SIRI (Strategic Information Reporting Initiative)
- Blackboard Analytics
EAS staff perform application integration services with applications external to UB.
- SUNY and NYS system interfaces
- Many cloud-based applications
EAS staff administer access to enterprise systems and data sources, and ensure data security and integrity within these systems.
EAS staff provide database support and data administration for UB's enterprise-wide applications.
EAS staff define, document and enforce enterprise application development standards, templates and processes based on industry best practices and professional guidelines.