Operating System: Chrome OS
Applies To: faculty and staff paid by UB, students
Last Updated: March 26, 2020
With Remote Desktop Connection, you can connect from your Chromebook computer to a Windows-based computer and work with programs and files on that PC. UB students, faculty and staff use this software to connect to My Virtual Computing Lab from Chromebooks.
1. o to applications > RD client
2. Click the “+” icon, located on the top right hand corner of your screen
3. Click remote resource feed
4. In the Feed URL field, enter https://ubvcl-web.buffalo.edu/RDWeb/Feed/webfeed.aspx and click Next
5. In the User name field, enter ad\ immediately followed by your UBITName (e.g. ad\jdoe)
6. In the Password field, enter your UBIT Password
7. Click Save
8. The account you just selected should appear in the User name field. Click Save again
Do not use drives such as E:\, or the Desktop, which are temporary and will not be there when you log out.
Click Sign out at the top of the My Virtual Computing Lab window. You will be signed out of My Virtual Computing Lab. All programs will close, and any unsaved work will be lost.
Never save your work to the E:\ drive or to the Desktop. Both are temporary drives, and will not be there when you log back in. Save your work to either your UBbox space or the S:\ drive instead. It will keep your work in your UBbox or UBfs space, and you can access it anytime.
No. However, some programs allow you to export and import personal settings in a separate file, which you can save to your UBbox space, s:\ drive, or any other removable media. Refer to the software vendor's website for more information on importing and exporting program preferences.
To print to your own printer, make the printer available when you first connect to My Virtual Computing Lab.