Microsoft provides learning opportunities and software to faculty and students for educational and teaching purposes through Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching (formerly Microsoft Imagine Premium). This service is available to faculty and students for educational purposes only.
Operating Systems: Windows, Macintosh
Applies to: UB students and faculty once access is requested by faculty and granted by UBIT
Last Updated: January 25, 2023
Set up your personal account with Microsoft following the steps below, then access through Microsoft's Education Hub Store.
Professors: If your class will be using Microsoft Azure, submit a request on behalf of your class to have access granted to them. Once granted, your students can create an account.
The Education Hub Store is where students and faculty members can download their own software titles and product keys for personal use.
After completing the steps above, you may access the Education Hub Store:
1. Using an InPrivate or Incognito browser, go to https://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools
2. Click the blue Sign In button
3. Enter your @buffalo.edu email address, and click Next
4. Select Work or School Account
4. on the UB page, enter your UBITName password, then click Sign in
5. When signing in for the first time, you may be asked to agree to the terms and conditions. For future logins, you should see all the software titles available for download by searching the keyword Education. Choose Education (preview) from the list. You can also click Software under Learning resources