Cisco Secure Client is Virtual Private Network (VPN) software required to securely connect to services at UB from off campus, such as My Virtual Computing Lab and UBfs. Cisco Secure Client is the recommended VPN client at UB.
Operating System: MacOS 13 Ventura, 12 Monterey and 11 Big Sur (all 64-bit).
Applies To: UB students, faculty and staff using UBVPN; UB faculty and staff using Departmental VPNs or AdminVPN
Last Updated: May 30, 2023
Cisco Secure Client only supports Mac OS 11, MacOS 12 and MacOS 13. For older operating systems, see Unsupported Legacy Versions of AnyConnect.
Cisco Secure Client can be downloaded by UB faculty, staff and students who have paid the Comprehensive fee.
Note: This software can be downloaded multiple times and does not limit the number of downloads.
1. Download Cisco Secure Client
2. Double click on the Cisco Secure Client icon
3. Click Continue on the Welcome screen
4. Click Continue on the Software License Agreement
5. Click Agree to accept the software license agreement
6. De-select all packages except the VPN package
7. Click Continue
8. Click Install on the Standard Install screen
9. Enter your computer's password to authorize the installation
10. Click Close to complete the installation
Under Preferences > Security & Privacy click Allow to enable the extension.
Cisco Secure Client may be subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports. You are responsible for using AnyConnect in accordance with the requirements of U.S. law, and you hereby certify that you will comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of the Department of Commerce or other United States authority, and not export or allow the re-export of AnyConnect in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations.
For further information, consult the Bureau of Industry and Security Web site.