Learn how to connect to HUB from your office computer or a UB-owned laptop.
Operating System: All
Applies To: UB faculty, staff and researchers
Last Updated: May 30, 2023
Security keys and Touch ID are not compatible with this connection method.
Your system administrator will install Cisco Secure Client software on your UB-owned computer.
1. Select Start > All Programs > Cisco > Cisco Secure Client > Cisco Secure Client VPN Client.
2. The first time you connect, you must enter vpn.buffalo.edu in the Connect to field. Click Select
3. From the Group drop-down menu, select one of the following:
4. Enter your UBITName in the Username field.
5. Enter your UBITName password in the Password field.
6. Click OK.
7. In the Answer field:
Note: Device aliases may appear if you have 4 or more devices enrolled in Duo. You can look up a list of your enrolled devices and their aliases by logging into the Duo Two Step Verification Manager and choosing VPN Device Aliases.
How long may I stay connected to the VPN?
You may stay connected for up to 24 consecutive hours of use before you are disconnected. Your connection may remain idle for up to 3 consecutive hours before you are disconnected
Duo with VPN does not have "remember me" functionality.
If MyUB is not available, access administrative functions of HUB at https://www.admin.hub.buffalo.edu/psc/cs90prd/EMPLOYEE/SA/c/NUI_FRAMEWORK.PT_LANDINGPAGE.GBL