AnyConnect is Virtual Private Network (VPN) software required to securely connect to AdminVPN and departmental VPNs. To connect to UBVPN, use FortiClient VPN instead.
Operating System: Macintosh
Applies To: UB faculty and staff using Departmental VPNs or AdminVPN
Last Updated: March 18, 2020
AnyConnect can be downloaded by UB faculty, staff and students who have paid the Comprehensive fee.
Note: This software can be downloaded multiple times and does not limit the number of downloads.
Enable the AnyConnect software extension in macOS Preferences > Security & Privacy
1. Download AnyConnect.
2. Double click on the AnyConnect icon.
3. Click Continue on the Welcome screen.
4. Click Continue on the Software License Agreement.
5. Click Agree to accept the software license agreement.
6. De-select all packages except the VPN package.
7. Click Continue.
8. Click Install on the Standard Install screen.
9. Enter your computer's password to authorize the installation.
10. Click Close to complete the installation.
Have an older operating system that can't be upgraded? UBIT makes available unsupported legacy versions of AnyConnect.
AnyConnect may be subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports. You are responsible for using AnyConnect in accordance with the requirements of U.S. law, and you hereby certify that you will comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of the Department of Commerce or other United States authority, and not export or allow the re-export of AnyConnect in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations.
For further information, consult the Bureau of Industry and Security Web site.