There are several ways to go to your required approvals from the home page:
- Click Required Approvals in the Quick Task Bar.
- Click Required Approvals in My Tasks.
- Click Approvals in the top menu bar.
Review exceptions for errors on the report:
- If an error needs to be corrected by the user, at the top click Send Back to User.
- Yellow exceptions appear as informational warnings on the report, and may have no action that is required. These will not prevent you from approving the report (Figure 2).
When you are finished reviewing and allocating the report, at the top choose one of the following options:
- Send Back to User — send the report back to the user if it requires correction.
- Cost approvers cannot modify expense reports.
- In the Comment field, provide a clear explanation of the problem, then click OK.
- Approve & Forward — approve and forward the report to another cost approver if it requires additional allocation.
- In the search bar, enter the cost approver’s Last Name or Email Address. Select their name and enter a comment.
- Click Approve & Forward. Read the Final Confirmation statement and click to Accept or Decline.
- Approve — approve the report for reimbursement if it has been completed correctly and if all expenses are fully allocated.
- Read the Final Confirmation statement and click to Accept or Decline.