Learn how to grade assignments directly within the Assignments tool in Brightspace.
The default grading view opens to the Users tab, where all students are listed.
- For those who have made submissions, the link to grade the individual submission appears below their names.
- If there is no submission, there is simply an evaluate link that allows the instructor to enter a grade.
- To view only those students who have made submissions, click on the Submissions tab.
To grade a submission, click on the submitted file name. This opens the grading window.
- The assignment will appear on the left side of the screen.
- If a rubric is being used to score the assignment, it will appear in the upper right corner of the screen.
- If a rubric is not being used, the score can be entered into the box for overall grade, also on the right.
- In addition, there is an editing window where written feedback can be entered.
- Once the grade is assigned, and feedback is entered, the instructor can click “publish” to immediately publish feedback to the student or “save draft” to allow for publishing all grades at the same time.
- In the very top right corner, there is a toggle for users. This toggle can be used to move to the next submission.
- If the “save draft” option has been selected for each graded submission, once all submissions have been graded, click on “Back to User Submissions” in the upper left corner.
- The Publish All button will now be available – click this to publish scored and feedback for all submissions.
- Students will not see their grades and feedback until these have been published.