Immigration & Visa

Here you will find out what you need to do to maintain your immigration status and how to obtain the immigration benefits for which you are eligible.  

COVID-19 & Maintaining Status

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic some rules about maintaining your visa status may have changed temporarily. For details please visit our COVID FAQ page. If you have questions after reviewing our information contact us for assistance.


The information contained in this web site is provided as a service to the international students, faculty, staff, employees and administrators of the University at Buffalo, and does not constitute legal advice on any immigration, tax or other matter. We try to provide useful information, but we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site or any associated site. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. Neither the University at Buffalo nor the Office of International Student Services is responsible for any errors or omissions contained in this website, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.