The UB Online Directory lists enrolled students and employees at
UB. You can update the user-supplied information for your entry in
the UB Online Directory yourself.
Online Directory search page features an input field, followed
by a search type selection.
Enter the desired text in the input field, then choose a search
type selection of full name, family name, email address, UBITName
or campus telephone number.
Entries in the search field can contain wildcard "*"
charecters which allow you to match any string of characters:
- J*Smith matches all Smiths with a first name beginning with the
- James Smith returns entries with the first name James and last
name Smith, regardless of middle initial.
- *ith matches last names ending in the letters ith.
A given search may match more than one entry but no more then 25
will be returned for any single search.
If you enter valid data and do not see results you expect:
- You may have the wrong search field selected.
- Students who suppress their data as per FERPA
Information Release and Directory Publication Policy do not
appear by name in the UB Online Directory.
- Your search may be too broad.
- A person may have a suffix, such as Jr. as part of their name
that is not being searched properly. Search with a * immediately
after their name, such as James Smith* instead.
- Students may not be registered at UB yet.
- The person may be a UB retiree.
- The employee's appointment paperwork may have lapsed.
Institutional information, such as your name, is generated from
data and must be changed with the correct office for it to reflect
in your entry:
To update your user-supplied information, including displayed
- Go to the UB
- Search for your name.
- Select your entry.
- Select either Update Your Entry or Update
- Authenticate using your UBITName and password.
- Enter your updated information.
- Click Submit Changes.