Operating System: All
Applies To: UB Students in residence halls and campus apartments
Last Updated: February 14, 2023
Connecting multiple devices to your ResNet port?
Purchase a mini-switch.
To register a device that can access a Web browser, either directly to the Ethernet port in the wall or a mini-switch:
1. Connect a cat-5, 5e, 6 or 6e Ethernet cable to the Ethernet jack, located on the bottom of the Aruba box on the wall near the floor, or the Ethernet jack in the wall.
2. Determine if you are connecting directly to the Ethernet port or to a mini-switch:
3. Turn your device on, open a Web browser and go to http://connect.buffalo.edu.
4. You should see the registration screen. Click Register This Device.
5. Enter your UBITName and password and click Log In.
7. Click Create Device.
8. Repeat these steps for each device you want to register.
If you want to use multiple devices and bought a router instead of a mini-switch, you must register it. Devices you connect to the router do not need to be registered.
You must also:
Instructions will vary by manufacturer and model.