Before you can begin connecting devices like gaming consoles, smart TVs and printers to our network, you need to register them with your computer through the UB My Devices Portal.
Operating System: Gaming device, TV, Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, wireless printer or other devices
Location: ResNet and UB Wi-Fi areas
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, researchers
Last Updated: February 14, 2023
1. Using your computer, connect to Wi-Fi (eduroam) OR ResNet. Do not try to connect the device you are registering to the Internet yet.
3. Click Register a Device.
4. Enter your UBITName and password and click Log In.
5. Enter the following:
6. Click Create Device.
7. Connect your media device to UB_Devices
8. Enter Preshared Key goubbulls.
You are able to share access to your registered devices, such as a printer or your Apple TV, with others, limiting access by registering their UBITNames to your device registration:
1. In either a UB ResNet or UB Wi-Fi area, using a registered computer, open a Web browser and go to the UB My Devices Portal.
2. Enter your UBITName and password and click Log In.
3. Click Manage and Create Devices.
4. Select a device or player from the list of registered devices and players at the bottom of the screen and click:
I'm having a problem registering my device.
Register your device in the My Devices Portal using your computer (not the device) before you connect your device to the network.