Looking to continue strong protections for its research participants, UB has initiated the AAHRPP (Association for the Accreditation of Human Research Protection Programs) re-accreditation process.
- Submit application for AAHRPP re-accreditation (Sept. 15).
- AAHRPP reviews step 1 application and sends results.
- UB then responds with any necessary revisions.
- Once all revisions are approved, UB sends the step 2 application.
- After receiving the step 2 application, AAHRPP schedules a site visit.
- Reviewers send the university a draft report of the site visit.
- UB then responds to the report.
- The Council on Accreditation reviews the final site visit report.
The entire process may take from six months to one year.