Travel With State Funds

On this page:

We encourage you to understand and abide by the guidelines when traveling on state funds. Our Travel staff is available for information and guidance to help you manage your business travel expenses.

Travel Funding Options with State Funds

Personal Funds

Personal funds may be used for any allowable travel expense. Be sure to complete the appropriate form to obtain reimbursement.

Travel Advance

A travel advance can be requested when travel expenses have already been paid. Check with your department to be sure you are allowed to request a travel advance. If the trip is cancelled, the traveler will be responsible for paying back the advance.

Travel Advance Requests
Funding State RF UBF
Reimbursement 100% airfare only 100% airfare only 100% airfare, lodging, car rentals, per diems
Form State Travel Voucher RF Travel Advance Request Disbursement Request

Procurement Card (PCard)

The Procurement Card is an efficient and cost-effective method of purchasing and payment for small-dollar purchases.

Procurement Cards
Funding State* RF* UBF
Dollar Limit $4,999 $2,500 $2,500
Card Issuer Citibank Visa American Express American Express

* PCard can be used for conference registration fees only, not travel costs.  

Non-Employee Travel (NET) Card

The NET Card allows airfare and Amtrak expenses to be billed directly to your state account for expenses incurred by non-UB employees (candidates, guest speakers) while traveling on official UB business.

Contact an Expert

Nicole Pawelski

Nicole Pawelski

Travel, Financial Management

Phone: 716-645-4505


Cindy Zogaria

Cindy Zogaria

Travel, Financial Management

Phone: 716-645-4538


For help using the travel and expense reimbursement system, contact:

Travel and Expense System Support

Phone: 716-645-4500, press 2 for the travel and expense reimbursement system


Related Forms, Guidelines, Training and Links

Webpage Feedback

Notice a Technical Problem With This Webpage?

(We'd like to respond to you.)