Set up your Linux device to automatically connect to eduroam, UB’s secure, preferred Wi-Fi network.
Operating System: Linux
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, researchers
Last Updated: August 11, 2021
Note: Administrative privileges are needed on your device.
1. Select UB Connect from your available Wi-Fi networks
2. Open your web browser and go to connect.buffalo.edu
3. Click Start Connection Wizard
4. Click Configure and Connect
5. The application will download
6. You will be prompted to download a script called SecureW2_JoinNow.run
7. Click Save File, click OK, then open the Terminal
8. Navigate to the Downloads folder by typing in cd Downloads and press Enter
9. Type in sh SecureW2_JoinNow.run and press Enter to run the script file to configure eduroam
10. Enter your UBITName and UBITName Password in their respective fields and press Enter