Set up your Linux device to automatically connect to eduroam, UB’s secure, preferred Wi-Fi network.
Operating System: Linux
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, researchers
Last Updated: February 14, 2023
Note: Administrative privileges are needed on your device.
1. Select UB Connect from your available Wi-Fi networks
2. Open your web browser and go to http://connect.buffalo.edu
3. Click Start Connection Wizard
4. Click Configure and Connect
5. The application will download
6. You will be prompted to download a script called SecureW2_JoinNow.run
7. Click Save File, click OK, then open the Terminal
8. Navigate to the Downloads folder by typing in cd Downloads and press Enter
9. Type in sh SecureW2_JoinNow.run and press Enter to run the script file to configure eduroam
10. Enter your UBITName and UBITName Password in their respective fields and press Enter