Learn how to change your UBITName password using the UBITName Manager, a self-service website.
Operating System: All
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, alumni, retirees and volunteers
Last Updated: March 14, 2022
1. Go to the UBITName Manager, a self-service website (opens in a new window).
2. Enter your UBITName
3. Click Continue
4. Solve the CAPTCHA Security Check
5. Click Continue
6. On the next page, choose I know my password
7. Enter your existing password
8. Click Login
9. On the Home screen, click the Change password link
10. After reading the password requirements, type your new password in the New password field.
11. Type your new password again in the Confirm field
12. Click Change Password
13. On the Request summary screen, click Submit. Your information will be updated instantly.
14. When you reach the Request status screen and see your request has been submitted, your password has successfully been reset.
Please note: It may take up to 1 hour for services to synchronize with your new password before access is available.
15. To logout, select your UBITName in the top right corner of your screen and click Logout.