1. Enter your UBITName, making sure all letters are lowercase
2. Click Continue
3. Check the I am not a robot CAPTCHA
4. Click Continue
5. Enter your three pieces of UB information*:
*Note: If you accidentally log out or disconnect in the middle of the UBITName activation process, contact the UBIT Help Center to get a new One-Time Password so you can try activating again
6. Click Continue
7. Select Please Complete the required security questions
8. Set your security questions and answers (three from UB and, optionally, one you create) and click Update
9. Select Choose a new password
10. After reading the password requirements, type your new password in the New password field
11. Type your new password again in the Confirm field
12. Click Change Password
13. When you see the UBITName Manager: Home screen, click View profile and update mobile number and personal email address to add or update your password recovery contact information to be used if you forget your password. Enter your non-UB email and cell phone number as instructed.
14. Click Add or update your non-UB email address and cell phone number
15. After reading the requirements, type your cell phone number in the cell phone number field, including country code, area code and hyphens, for example 1-716-555-XXXX. The U.S. country code is 1
16. After reading the non-UB email address requirements, type your non-UB email address in the non-UB email address field
17. Click Continue
18. On the Request summary screen, click Submit. Your information will be updated instantly.
19. When you reach the Request status screen and see your request has been submitted, your UBITName is activated! You are now ready to enjoy all the great services UB offers.
20. To logout, select your UBITName in the top right corner of your screen and click Logout.
You can return to the UBITName Manager at any time to change your UBITName password or manage your security questions, non-UB email for password recovery or cell phone number for password recovery.
Trouble logging in?
Make sure you enter your UBITName in all lowercase letters.
Logged out or interrupted?
Contact the UBIT Help Center
Missing your One-Time Password?
Choose one of the following options: