Get a PIN sent to your non-UB email or cell phone number to
quickly reset your password.
Operating System: All
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, alumni, retirees and volunteers
Last Updated: June 13, 2017
1. Go to the UBITName Manager, a self-service Web page (opens in a new window).
2. Enter your UBITName
3. Click Continue
4. Solve the CAPTCHA Security Check
5. Click Continue
6. On the Login Options page, choose Log in with my password
7. Enter your existing password
8. Click Login
9. On the Home screen, in the Identity Manager box, click the Add or update your password recovery contact information to be used if you forget your password link
10. Do not use Search.
Underneath the Search box, click Click here to add or update
your non-UB email address and cell phone number
11. After reading the requirements,
type your cell phone number in the cell phone number field,
including country code,
area code and hyphens, for example 1-716-555-XXXX. The U.S. country
code is 1
12. After reading the non-UB email address requirements, type your non-UB email address in the non-UB email address field
13. Click Continue
14. On the Request summary screen,
click Submit to Send emails to this address with information
about this request to your UB email or select Other and
enter an email address, then click Submit. Your information
will be updated instantly.
15. On the Request status screen, select Click here to check the status of the request to see the details of your request
16. Click the red button in upper
right hand corner to logout.