The Pharmacy building is UB’s ninth LEED-certified facility. Among key design points cited by the U.S. Green Building Council as enhancing the building’s sustainability:
- About 25 percent of the construction materials were both extracted and manufactured within 500 miles of the project site.
- About 21 percent of the building utilizes recycled materials.
- The project uses water-efficient landscaping.
- Renewable energy is generated on campus.
- An Innovation in Design point was awarded for developing a transportation management plan. Transit options on campus include bike sharing, shuttles and carpooling.