Students who wish to be considered for resident tuition should review the eligibility requirements, and complete a residency application if they feel they are eligible.
For Spring 2024 starting 11/3/23, Deadline 2/1/24
Graduate and professional-level students should contact their academic units regarding questions during this initial residency verification. The office of Student Accounts does not handle this process, so students should visit Verifying New York State Residency for more information regarding this verification process.
Use the following checklist as a guide during the residency process:
1. Start your online residency application now. Once completed, be sure to click the “Send me my application to complete” button.
2. Your application and instructions will be emailed to your UB email address.
3. Print your application and complete all necessary fields. Your application must also include all required documentation listed on your emailed application. Pay attention to other special instructions such as application submission deadlines and notarization requirements.
4. Mail application packet to:
University at Buffalo
1 Campus Mail Center
Buffalo, NY 14260
You may submit your packet at 1Capen.
5. Your submission date for your application is the date the signed application packet is received in the office of Student Accounts.
6. Student Accounts will send a confirmation email to your UB email address once we receive your application packet. Further instructions will follow after your application and documentation has been reviewed.
Form Type: HTML, Formstack
Requirements: Web browser
Updated: November 2023
Owner: Student Accounts