Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for CSTEP.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- New York State resident.
- Full-time undergraduate student enrolled in UB. (You may apply to CSTEP at any time during your undergraduate college career.)
- Historically Underrepresented African-American (including those of African descent), Latinx/Hispanic-American, Native American OR Alaska Native. Also eligible are those who are economically disadvantaged as defined by New York State income guidelines (PDF).
- Pursuing a licensed profession, i.e medicine, law, dentistry, nursing pharmacy, psychology, social work, OT/PT or a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM).
- Minimum 2.5 GPA.
When accepted into CSTEP you will be a part of a community providing you with opportunities and resources committed to help you reach your goals. To ensure that students participating in CSTEP get the maximum benefit from the program, you will be expected to:
- Be actively engaged by attending at least (2) CSTEP meetings, workshops, events or activities a semester.
- Meet with CSTEP staff at least once a semester (in-person or via Zoom).
- Maintain good academic standing. (A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required.)
If you are interested in CSTEP complete our online application. After you apply, you will be invited to participate in a brief, informal, informational interview. This is an important step in securing your acceptance into CSTEP. Acceptances take place monthly on a rolling basis.