Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for CSTEP.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- New York State resident.
- Full-time student enrolled in UB. (You may apply to CSTEP at any time during your college career.)
- African-American (including those of African descent), Latinx/Hispanic-American, Native American or Alaska Native, or economically disadvantaged as defined by New York State income guidelines.
- Pursuing a licensed profession, health-related profession or a career in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM).
- Minimum 2.5 GPA.
We have established some guidelines to ensure that students participating in CSTEP get the maximum benefit from the program. Students accepted into CSTEP must:
- Maintain good academic standing. (A minimum GPA of 2.5 is required.)
- Meet with CSTEP staff twice a semester.
- Attend monthly CSTEP meetings.
- Attend at least two CSTEP workshops, events or activities each semester.
- Participate in an internship or research experience (paid or unpaid).
If you are interested in CSTEP, visit our office in 222 Norton Hall to pick up an application, get information and personally connect with our staff.
After you apply, you will be invited to participate in an informal, informational interview. This is an important step in securing your acceptance into CSTEP.