It’s more than a logo, a slogan, a mascot or an ad campaign.
In recent years, branding in higher education has become critical to engaging audiences, shifting perceptions and communicating a university’s mission to the world.
While we are the largest and most comprehensive university in the SUNY system, nothing about our institution is interchangeable with any other. UB has the power to educate and inspire, and so does our story.
These guidelines define and describe the various parts of the UB brand, and offer examples of how we bring it to life across our institution and through our communications. Ours is a living brand, and accordingly, this is a living document. The principles and guidelines set forth here are a map and a guidebook, but there are infinite ways to tell our story.
These components build on each other, ultimately creating a unique and compelling brand.
1. Our Positioning: What sets us apart
2. Our Brand Attributes: Who we are
3. Our Messaging: What we do and why it matters
4. Our Personality: The tone in which we communicate
5. Our Brand Expression: The creative platform that brings our stories to life