A nice feature of Blackboard is that it allows you to embed files from other sources including UBbox. By embedding documents from UBbox into your UBlearnscourse you are able to update documents in real time without having to delete or upload additional files.
In order to embed a file into UBlearns the first thing you will need to do is setup sharing of the file in UBbox.
- Login to your UBbox account and locate the file you want to share.
- Click on the “Share” link next to the file you intend to embed.
- Confirm the Access Type is set to "People with the link"
- Next click on the gear icon on the right side of the shared link box. This link will take you to advanced settings. Here you can customize the document’s url, require a password for the document, determine an expiration date for the document’s availability, and even decide whether or not people who have access to the document can download the document.
- Once you have adjusted any settings in the advanced settings section, click 'Save' then 'Close'
In order to embed the document into your UBlearns course you will need to get the embed code for the document.
- Select the 3 dots icon next to the document to be embedded and select 'More Actions > Embed Widget'
- Select 'Copy' next to Embed Code URL then close the Embed Widget window.
Enbed document in UBlearns.
- Sign in to your UBlearns course
- Navigate to content area to contain embedded document. The content editor appears throughout the system in areas such as content areas, learning modules, folders, items, announcements, and test questions.
- Click on the HTML button on the editor panel. Paste your embed code inside the editor, then click Save. Your document should now be embedded into your course.
- To check how your document looks, enter student mode in order to preview the document as the student would.