Learn how to display content from your Macintosh device to a technology classroom display wirelessly.
Operating System: Macintosh
Applies To: UB instructors
Last Updated: August 14, 2020
On the teaching station Crestron touchscreen, select Wireless Presentation. An IP address will appear at the top of the Crestron touchscreen, along with a four-digit code
This only needs to be done the first time you are planning to use Crestron AirMedia 2.
The Crestron AirMedia 2 app or program needs to be installed on your device in order to present wirelessly. Download and installation take several minutes, so allow sufficient time before the start of a lecture. It is best to install the app while in the room you intend to use it in.
1. In the URL bar of your device’s web browser, enter the IP Address displayed on the classroom's Crestron touchscreen
2. Click the Start Presenting
3. Click Mac to download the application, then install it
4. Drag the Crestron AirMedia 2 app onto your desktop.
5. Eject the mounted file (not the one you dragged onto the desktop)
Each classroom has a unique IP address, so you need to follow these steps for every classroom, each time you want to use Crestron AirMedia.
1. Launch the Crestron AirMedia 2 application
2. Click Back
3. Enter the URL from the Crestron touchscreen in the Search field
4. Click Connect
5. Go to the AirPlay and pull down and select the URL shown on the Crestron touchscreen
6. Enter the four-digit code shown on the top of the Crestron touchscreen in the AirPlay password field and click OK
7. Your screen will now be mirrored in the classroom. On the teaching station touchscreen, press Projector Video Mute again and Projector On to project
Click the AirPlay menu in the system bar and select Turn AirPlay Off