Learn how to display content from your Android device to a technology classroom display wirelessly.
Operating System: Android
Applies To: UB instructors
Last Updated: August 28, 2019
On the teaching station Crestron touchscreen, select Wireless Presentation. An IP address will appear at the top of the Crestron touchscreen, along with a four-digit code
This only needs to be done the first time you are planning to use Crestron AirMedia 2.
The Crestron AirMedia 2 app or program needs to be installed on your device in order to present wirelessly. Download and installation take several minutes, so allow sufficient time before the start of a lecture. It is best to install the app while in the room you intend to use it in.
In Google Play Store, search for Crestron AirMedia and get the app with the blue icon:
Each classroom has a unique IP address, so you need to follow these steps for every classroom, each time you want to use Crestron AirMedia.
1. On your device, open the Crestron AirMedia app
3. Enter the IP address for the classroom you are in (displayed at the top of the Crestron touchscreen) in your device's IP Address field and tap Done
4. Tap Present with AirMedia
5. A pop-up will appear on your device informing you that everything on your screen will be displayed. Tap Start Now
6. Enter the four-digit code from the top right of the Crestron touchscreen in the AirMedia code box and tap OK
7. Your device screen will be mirrored onto the classroom screen. On the teaching station touchscreen, press Projector Video Mute again and Projector On to project
Tap Stop Presentation with AirMedia and then Disconnect from AirMedia in the Crestron AirMedia app