Student Assistants are hired on a as needed basis - to assist in main office and summer services.
Student Assistants and Work Study Students work in our offices and in our mailrooms. They are trained to provide assistance with administrative concerns. Responsibilities vary, but can include:
• Plan activities to encourage community building and neighborly behavior amongst groups
• Serve as a campus and community resources
• Conflict mediation and resolution for troubled students
• Check-in and check-out of residents
• Duties related to Residential Facilities concerns: work orders, room condition reports, linen counting, etc.
• Review, and be familiar with, policies and procedures contained in the Guide to
Residence Hall Living
• Inspect rooms and check keys in preparation for student and conference guests
• When on duty be in office prepared to respond to nightly issues from 8 pm – Midnight
• Forward phone to your room at midnight, respond to calls
• Respond to questions and emergencies
• Complete lock-outs
• Have an awareness of university policy and guest policies
• Make referrals to professional staff as appropriate
Here are the steps for applying to a summer position:
Meet Positions Specific Eligibility Requirements - Unfortunately, if you do not meet the minimum requirements, we cannot accept your application for the position.
Summer Conference Host
Summer Community Assistants
Summer Resident Advisor
Summer Turnover Assistant
Requirements for All Positions
Complete the Application online at https://buffalo.erezlife.com - Candidates for Summer Turnover Assistants, Conferences Hosts, Summer Resident Advisors, and Summer Community Assistants must complete the application by April 1 at 11:59 p.m.
You will need the following supporting materials to submit with your application:
Resume and Cover Letter
Attend your Interview Day
Paraprofessional Selection Coordinator
Assistant Director for Residence Life
123 Richmond Quad